Sunday 23 October 2011

Practical Considerations

Practical Considerations are simply ideas that we need to consider when cooking.
Consumers: flat mates, friends and my family when I am at home.
Cost: We cook as a flat and shop once a week. We all put $30 in for food which includes dinner and basic lunch food. The more money we have the more food we will buy.
Equipment: Living in a student flat, our equipment is very limited. I simply use what we have and cope somehow. I really enjoy going home and having a variety of equipment that I can use suitable for cooking. 
Ingredients: I find that we only have a variety of basic cooking ingredients in our flat. Sometimes I find a recipe I really want to make, but cannot make it because we simply don’t have the ingredients. I have to adapt what ingredients we have. 
Space: Making sure there is enough space in the kitchen to prepare and cook my dish is important. The kitchen in our flat is a lot smaller compared to the kitchen at home. When cooking for everyone I find it a small but suitable kitchen to cook in and can be a bit crowded if we are all in it together.
Time: Preparation and cooking time is considerable so I simply make sure I cook a meal on the night of the week that I am not busy with other commitments, making sure I have enough time to cook a meal for my flat mates.  

No comments:

Post a Comment