Sunday 23 October 2011

My Comments

Unfortunately I am unable to post any comments on my following classmates blogs. So I have told them that I have posted their comments on my blog instead. I have also linked their blog to this comment, therefore if you click on their name you will enter their blog. The following comments are below:
Jessica Cooper: I understand that you treasure cooking for survival when you cook in Dunedin and when you arrive home you enjoy cooking creatively. I find that we both value going home and using fresh vegetables and meat from our farm. I also found that we both enjoy going home and having all the suitable ingredients that we need to cook and also having the suitable equipment.
Kylie Crowley: This is a very interesting post Kylie. When you said that cooking is “a fairly new and vital skill which you are developing your knowledge in”. This made me realise that I am constantly learning a new skill of cooking everyday either through, using different recipes or even people teaching you. I feel the more I cook the more knowledge I gain around different dishes and using different ingredients.
Leigh Millward: I really enjoyed your posting about the need for occupation, relating to cooking. I felt that the quote you used by Visser, related well to cooking as food is ‘everyday’ and without it a human will not last for too long. This is why I chose to participate in cooking as it is a ‘meaningful activity’ for me to be involved in as I simply eat everyday and enjoy cooking creatively for guests and family.
Emma McKeown: I really enjoyed reading about your first time making fettuccine without your mother’s input. I also find it very hard to make a new dish without guidance. You said that you weren’t happy with the way it turned out, I definitely understand what you mean by this because I always make a lot of dishes that always turn out differently, however many times I make it, or simply it never turns out they way it looks in the picture, unfortunately. ‘Free style’ cooking gives you great variety and is a great way to try new meals.        


No comments:

Post a Comment